The Pacific Northwest is home to some of the best golf courses in North America, with the area quickly becoming a hotspot for discerning golfers looking for world-class courses. The courses on the West Coast are consistently voted some of the best in the world by Golf Digest and also top the list of the Top 100 Public Golf Courses. If you’re planning to make the Pacific Northwest your next golfing destination, here are the nine best golf courses on the West Coast:
- Brandon Dunes: It may take a little driving to get to this course, but with its stunning scenery, it’s well worth the trip.
- Salish Cliffs: If you’re looking for a course that is a little closer to Seattle, Salish Cliffs is just an hour outside the city and features widely varied terrain and reasonable prices compared to the other courses in the area.
- Pronghorn Golf Club: Located in Oregon, the club is situated on government land. The high desert setting will let you get excellent range and, since it’s semi-public, guests are given the resort treatment.
- Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club: With its stunning scenery, it’s little wonder that this course in Oregon was home to the LPGA’s Safeway Classic for many years. It also benefits from being a mere 30 minutes away from downtown Portland.
- The Home Course: This course in Washington is the one that is recommended the most. Prices are also lower during the off-season.
- The Resort at the Mountain: Located at the base of Mount Hood outside of Portland, this resort has the added bonus of a spa and other outdoor activities. It is also affordably priced, making it the ideal destination for a family vacation.
- The Crosswater Golf Club: Not only is this course situated on a scenic property, but it also offers accommodations if you’re planning more than a day trip. And for film buffs, the original True Grit was filmed near the course’s location!
- Chambers Bay: This course was selected to host the 2015 U.S. Open. It’s sure to be popular in the coming months as golfers flock there for the chance to play on the same course as the legendary tournament.
- Coeur d’Alene Resort: While pricey, this resort offers some of the best amenities and golfing conditions in the Pacific Northwest. If you book your tee time in the late afternoon/early evening, you will receive an affordable rate.
If you’re planning a trip to any of these resorts after reading this list and you’re looking for the best golf putters in the Seattle area, look no further than Tru-Roll Putters‘ TR series. With their unique rounded design, it’s little wonder golfers in Seattle use our golf putters at the above resorts. Visit our web site for more information!
Ogle, S., “10 must-play golf courses in the Pacific Northwest,” SeattlePI.com, April 10, 2014, http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/2014/04/10/10-must-play-golf-courses-in-the-pacific-northwest/#22327101=0.